Monday, 26 September 2016

Autumn Watchlist

coffee-fever.tumblr.com
As Autumn and the start of university loom, I find myself looking forward to those cosy nights in, snuggled up under my favourite blanket, a hot cuppa in my hands and an episode or three of my favourite TV shows. I know, am I middle aged already or what? Hey, we've all been there.

Just in case you find yourself sat inside on a cold blustery night with nothing to watch (could there be anything worse?!), I thought I'd share a few of the shows on my watchlist for these upcoming months, some new and some old favourites.

1. Cold Feet


Cold Feet is a British drama set in Manchester that originally aired for 5 seasons from 1997-2003 and has recently been rebooted as a continuation of the original story, 13 years later. The show follows the lives of Adam (James Nesbitt), Jenny (Fay Ripley), Pete (John Thompson), Karen (Hermione Norris) and David (Robert Bathurst), their friendship, their families and all the sweet and sour moments in between. It is such a heartwarming and relatable programme, showcasing a large range of real and sometimes taboo problems. The 6th series is absolutely incredible so far. For anyone who didn't watch the original series, I urge you to go and watch it, but if you can't for any reason, you can pick up without having seen it first.

2. This Is Us

I just watched the first episode of this new series on NBC and it's safe to say that I am hooked. Here's the official trailer for you to see for yourselves.

3. Grey's Anatomy

It's no secret that I love Grey's Anatomy, but I could probably put my hands up and say that this show is my all time favourite (sorry Veronica Mars). I've grown up with this series and I've always, always found something or someone I could relate to. Despite its cast changes *sobs quietly into pillow* this show is one of the only shows that has managed to keep relevant and keep fresh. It has something for everyone. It has its adrenaline filled episodes, its fair share of drama, its funny moments, its heartbreaking scenes, it has friendship, it has love, and yes, death... But most of all it has a lot of heart. Plus a lot of medical terminology. So technically it could be called studying #definitelynotageographystudent. I watch Grey's Anatomy when I need an emotional outlet and boy, does it always deliver.

4. Great British Bake Off

If you like food and a bit of competition and fun, this is the show for you. And if you don't, this is still the show for you. Currently on it's third series, I'm amazed I never watched it before. It's currently on BBC One and available online at BBC iPlayer if you have a TV License.

5. Our Girl
Our Girl is another BBC show, but this time it's a drama about the life of two female medics in the British Army. The first series follows a medic called Molly and the second follows a medic called Georgie, pictured above. Of all the shows on this list, this is the most action packed (sorry Mary Berry) and I absolutely adore it! Currently airing on BBC One after Bake Off.

And there you have it, what I'll be watching over the next few months.

Happy Autumn!

xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment